Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mothers Day Makeover!!





I can not describe just over the Internet how much this opportunity changed my life. I was stuck in a rut, a working out and stuck in workout clothes rut.

Then it changed.

I wrote into the Marilyn Denis show several months ago, and heard back. The producer interviewed me over the phone, and said there are a lot of candidates for Makeovers for the show, but he would let me know either way. Well, I never heard back. I went to school to get the kids, and spoke to Owens EA Christine that it was not a, "for sure" thing, and that was that.

Little did I know; Christine ended up writing to the show that evening.

Fast forward to Monday May 6th. Ben wasn't feeling the best, and ended up staying home. Ryan didn't want me to leave the house in the morning, as we had an Insurance Adjuster coming to the house to fix our life insurance. He just worked a night shift; so he was staying up to talk to this adjuster, and even put shorts on!  I was getting mad, because my best friend was on the Marilyn Denis show for having her backyard madeover for Mothers Day, so I really wanted to watch the show and Ryan wasn't letting me. He was being very bossy, ordering me around, and keeping me out of the livingroom. I wasn't too suspicious, sometimes he gets like that, and I don't push the issues after a night shift and he hasn't slept yet!

Then we heard the knock at the door; he asked me to grab it. I walked to the door, not really looking up; and then by the 3rd stair I looked up and saw tv cameras; it was the Marilyn Denis show! I was ambushed on Live TV!!

We had the best week of our lives; my life was turned upside down, and through this whole process I found myself again and was reminded I am important too, and to take the time for myself as well as time for my family. Thank you to the Marilyn Denis show!! CLICK HERE!!!



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment