Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

3 Years in the Making - we reached our next goal.

 
 
This picture says it all. I woke Owen up this morning, and all I had to say was, "Owen, do you want to go to nametag".. and that child was up and ready to go!
After putting Maddie on the bus, driving Ben to preschool - Owen was eagerly waiting for us to arrive to Bethesda in Thorold.
He was trying to get out of the car before it even stopped, he knocked on the truck door and I opened it so he could get his backpack.
 
I gave Owen this sign to hold so I could grab a quick picture, for Owen this wasn't quick enough! As I looked up to the door and windows wondering who is going to work with him, I see a few therapists looking outside saying, "Owen's here! there is Owen!!"
 
BEST FEELING EVER.
 
We meet his therapist for the session, and Owen is eager for me to leave. I have never seen someone so happy to go to a place in my life; and it made me feel great dropping him off.
 
He had a great first day; he wanted to stay (which is wonderful) they said he followed direction very well, and had an amazing day.
 
Families like ours should not have to wait almost 3 years for IBI therapy; but maybe in a sense, it makes you a little more appreciative when you actually get it.
 
On ward to our next step on our journey.
 
 
--Vanessa Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. So amazing to hear he was so excited and thrilled to be at Bethesda today!!
    I am so happy for all of you. This is such an important and special day for you all

    xo

    ReplyDelete