Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Friday, August 31, 2012

We hit a milestone: Owen turns 5!! :)

5 years ago, I gave birth to the most beautiful baby I have ever seen, and little did I know he would impact my life in a way that I would owe him a debt of gratitude. I always say, that Owen in his own way, made me a better person and mother than I could have thought for myself. He has shown me the ultimate compassion and scrafice, pushed my emotions to a place I never knew excisted, he has taught me true love, how to be an advocate, that the small things are more important than everyone else's big things. He has brought me to a whole new world, of endless possibilities, acceptance, introduced to me to women who have become amazing friends to me, because they alone understand more about my life and my feelings then anyone. Owen has been the greatest teacher in my life, and these past 5 years have flown by.

To watch a child who could not speak, to have no concept of social skills: to watch him blossom and surpass anything I could have hoped for 3 years ago. He works harder than any person I know, he is the true love of my life. I could not be more proud of the boy he has become.

To celebrate we took his friends to Heartland forest for a hike, train ride, and cake. Later that day after a long nap for all, we had our family over for pizza and cake. Here are some pictures of our little milestone :)

 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment