Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Monday, April 30, 2012

Rainy day love.

It's a rainy day outside, been raining for most of the day. I really have nothing to indulge myself into writing about - we had another busy Monday.. full of therapies, schools, and packed full of love. Instead of going on and on about the ups and downs of the Stepping Stones program Ben experienced today, even including a time out for tantrum's and the looks and stares that go along with Ben hitting himself in the head.

Not today - today I am going to simply post a picture with everything I want to say, and some videos that makes my heart warm and helps you get to know us a little bit more.

-Vanessa

This Video is of Ben, in a good mood - until I spoke to him.. this when we first began to see the hitting on the head.. As you can see, it is not only when he tantrums.


video


This video is my 3 beautiful children being themselves :)



video


+


                  It is hard to have the camera ready when little behaviours pop out, but I was texting was this time was perfect. Ben was on the iPad, and playing a favourite game. When he gets excited his body tenses up, and he flaps :) love.



video



Soon, I will be posting some old videos of Owen when he began to display behaviour's - how can you try to understand when you don't know what exactly to understand?

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are so beautiful and it melts my heart watching them all play together. I know i have much to look forward to! The poem is beautiful, it expresses how i feel every single day! Thanks for sharing the videos. I'm quite sure Nathan has done the happy flap a few times but I didn't realize the significance. You have been (and continue to be) a huge help and inspiration. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! It's wonderful when they get along, which thankfully is like 80% of the time! haha. Flapping, spinning, toe-walking paired with a lack of receptive and expressive communication - huge!! I always get asked to see videos of the kids, and for me, it is so humbling that people want to learn from them, get to know them - it is beautiful. Thank you for your beautiful words oxoxox

    ReplyDelete