Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Family Day Weekend - Celebrated with fevers, coughs, and croup.


Croup rhymes with poop - and I know now why. I developed a cold on valentines day, figures - I filled my body with Tylenol cold and sinus and thought I would be alright.. once again, I was wrong.

Through the rest of the week, leading into Family Day weekend, Maddie developed a cold, Owen had a fever, and Ben had a cold - which after returning from the walk in clinic, I found out was Croup.

Owen and Maddie have never had croup - I had no idea what croup was! The Doctor explained it was a beginning of Asthma, and Ben was a hop, skip and a jump away from heading to the hospital, and this baby steroid should help. Ben's chest was rattling, he sounded like a baby seal - it was horrible. He was up all night, his eyes had colds in them, it was just so sad, and I wanted it to end, plus me being sick on top of it, not good.

Now, being Wednesday, we are on the last day of the prescription baby steroid and hoping the cold/croup will taper off. Maddie still has a cough, bad enough she missed the bird kingdom with her school today, because as well, I am still super sick. It never ends, and that darn Ryan doesn't get crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment