Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Monday, January 9, 2012

2 month - long over due - UPDATE






Why haven't I written? I asked myself this the past 2 months.. I would sit down, kids were all napping, Owen at school and I was stuck. I have had so much to write about regarding Owen, he is rocking school, he preformed in the Christmas concert with no issues, he was accepted into the ABA program through Bethesda, and I went back to work.. which has set him through a loop in the evening.

I could have wrote about Maddie, that she is blossoming into such a wonderful, caring child, who shows me daily what being a good person and good sibling is. She cares for her brothers the best I have seen, she hugs Owen and tells him it is going to be okay when he gets in trouble, asks him if he needs to use the potty, and gets him milk in the morning. She hugs him, rough houses him, and plain old loves him - she is amazing.

I wanted to write about Ben, that he is slowly but surely coming around, repeating words and actions, becoming his own person with his own unique temper. He adores Owen and Maddie, following them around our house, as they run away from him... thank God the kid is only 2.. he doesn't get it. He for sure isn't where a, "typical" 23 m onth old should be, but we are working on it. My concerns are slowly fading, but unfortunately, always there in the back of my mind.. judging... waiting...watching.

I guess I just couldn't sit down and actually type and concentrate on this for even a split second in the past 2 months. We have had everything, from starting back at work, family, children, and all issues inbetween weighing on our minds- this for me, was put on the back burner. Now that Christmas is over, we are finally at a calm and collected time in our lives, and I just don't want it to end.

Here are some pictures from the past 2 months - give you a visual update :)

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment