Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"We are concerned for his safety"... wtf?


Really? I am now starting to think thus was written to us, because it just comes down to there are too many children for these JK classes, and yes, they do need more EA support in the class. Owens EA that he shares with another little guy with ASD, is only there in the classroom in the morning, and then she has to go to the other class.

Owen will get bored.. and if no one is watching, he will wonder, and lately it has been to the cubby area. They are worried because he is out of sight, so as soon as I read, "concerned for safety" I talked to his principal, and we agreed more support is needed for these guys. I offered to go to the school board myself, or email, or call.. whatever I need to do to get Owen the support he needs, I will do.

Now we are waiting on the edge of our pants to get some more funding, and Ryan will be attending his parent conference on Monday to discuss other options. fml.

No comments:

Post a Comment