Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

There are starving kids in Africa! Seriously!


I lost it today, totally lost it today. I have been getting notes after notes in Owens book from his class, saying he is not being a disruption, but he is not eating his lunch. I soooo know this, because he is totally testing the waters with this at home.. breakfast and dinner.. fight, tears, and screaming.. this is now daily.

Today, for example, I got Owen off the bus, got all his outdoor stuff on, and got him his after school snack and his movie - he was set. I take this time, and I unpack his bag and read his duotang. For the past week, it has said, " refuses to eat lunch, but eats his snacks". I am so glad he is at least eating something, but not happy he is so hungry when he gets home, but this isn't just an issue at school, this is home as well.

I can make his favourite meal, but its when I pulled him away from his television or something he is in to.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! High-pitch, loud, long, and crying scream.. I swear our neighbours think I am beating him, and its all over food. I looked at him, and said, "Owen, there are starving kids in Africa.. SERIOUSLY!".. and the look I got, I swear he thought I grew 2 heads.

I am not sure where this is going to go with Owen, what I do know is that he changes behaviours all the time, so I am excited to see this scream over food thing to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment