Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Owen and Maddie tackle the Pumpkin Farms!!









Pumpkin farms!!! We have so many school trips, it is insane!!! Owens class was first, and they wanted parent volunteers.. so I volunteered and took Owen and his 2 friends to Bry-Annes pumpkin patch! We had a great time, saw a creepy scarecrow (the kids screaming had Owen cover his ears.. way too loud for him), and I saw Owen in his element. He did so well with so many people, he participated nicely in activities, and he picked his own pumpkin with the other children as well.

At the end of the trip, he had a meltdown over being tired, and pulled himself to the ground as he was getting on the bus. I of course, ignored the behaviour, and said, LOVE YOU!!! and he got on the bus with no further issues.. other parents probaly thought I was heartless...haha.

Maddie's class went the next week, and it was FREEZING!!! brrrr... I took Maddie and Ben to Warners Pumpkin Patch in Niagara Falls, she also got her own pumpkin, had a great day, and we came home :)

I am loving that I am able to be fully involved in their school lives :)

Here are some school pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment