Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Owen - Our Tiny Light



I was on Facebook one morning (duh!) and came across a Friend, who posted on their wall a story from a website, www.thetinylight.com. The story was about a beautiful family, that gave birth to a beautiful precious little girl, that unfortunately, passed away only months after being alive. As this story touched me beyond words, I wanted to read more, I wanted to cry more for these families and how they have triumphed over endless walls in the way.

I read so much, children with Downs Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, developmental delays, Heart defects, and of course, Autism. I loved the whole concept of this website, being a parent with a child with Autism, I love to read about other families going through the struggles and triumphs that we face day to day as well.

So, I did some investigating, and found out how to apply for this, which includes photos of your child and their immediate family, prints, and their story is put on the Internet for all to see. I loved this idea, and I love that we were accepted.

We were chosen to have a photographer from Welland, Vanessa Balenovich, which was amazing. She let Owen do his own thing, we went to a park, and felt so very comfortable. I can not wait to see the results, and to see our little man shine on, www.thetinylight.com :)

1 comment:

  1. VB is an amazing photographer - she has done a couple of my friends weddings!!!
    PS - can't wait to read this story when it's up!!!

    ReplyDelete