Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Friday, April 15, 2011

We were accepted!!


I got my letter from Bethesda in the mail today, we were accepted into the Behavioural and Communication Parent Teaching Courses! This will run for 8 weeks, 3 weeks being at Bethesda itself, and then the remaining weeks will be at our home. We will be taught how to properly teach Owen how to effectively communicate, a skill I can bring back to work as well.

This was amazing we have been accepted, they take 8 families per session, and this is one of the most important seminars you can get! I am currently taking some time away from work, things have been anything but easy since returning to that environment, and the stress is unbelievable.

I am so excited to learn a new tool to assist Owen on his journey, and since communication and social skills are really the key areas he is lacking, this will hopefully better prepare him for JK in September :)

2 comments:

  1. That's great news Vanessa.
    It was awesome meeting your beautiful children Thursday. Hope you got your van up and running
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa!!

    I loved bringing them, so everyone could meet them! I was stuck with no sitter, so I thought it would be alright! and they were actually WELL behaved! haha.

    On our minivan it ended up being the starter AND the battery! so it was a nice price to fix it, I never want to go through that again with 3 kids! yikes! :)

    ReplyDelete