Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Temple Grandin - I had to watch again tonight.




I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, a friend - above all, I am an advocate. Sometimes being this way, it makes me feel stronger - almost like I am She-Woman.. I can take on the world..I can be everything I am needed to be. There is also some days, I can't.

I want to go into this more in a later post, that right now, I am not strong enough to write about, nor do I have all the information to do it. I can say I am being tested right now as a person, and all the things I am supposed to be in my life, I have been shaken to my core in the past week.

I found myself tonight, finishing up my blog on Owen discovering his love for his iPad, that the HBO movie, Temple Grandin was on. I have seen this before, and I loved it. If you asked me 2 years ago who she was, I would have not have had a clue - this past year, she has been an inspiration to me, and a hope for Owen. There was only 20 minutes left, and I found myself glued to the movie like I never saw it before.

One particular part got me tonight - when Temple thanked her mother for never giving up on her. Ouch. I really hope one day that Owen knows I never gave up on him, I hope he understands how him, along with Maddie and Ben are my reason everyday to try and be the best mother and person I can be. I hope he knows I never gave up.

oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment