Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Friday, February 18, 2011

I think I need to read this quote daily -


Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do.
But to hold it together when everyone else
would understand if you fell apart,
that's true strength.
-unknown


Yesterday was rough.. today was just as bad. I had a good cry, I talked it out, and I laughed it out with my husband - today was not great. Everything seems to hit right at once, and the last 2 days I have been hit hard...hard I guess trying to accept things that I really can not change to some degree. As I was talking to my guru today..aka nana, and I was crying to her on the phone about all the things I am struggling with lately, mainly family, Owen going through a rough patch, and Bens milestones.. she said something that struck a cord.. and that I am going to really focus on to change my way of thinking.

"Instead of thinking of all the bad in your life and what you are going through right now, try and think of the good - focus on all things amazing in your life". It seems so easy right? Changing your way of thinking.. its not...but I am trying.

Instead of focusing on a rought patch with Owen, which is very common - I need to focus on he is saying 3 word sentences!!!! That's a start I think. I think in time, everything will fall back into place, and my mind can take a breather for a while - I need to accept the things I can not change... so once again..

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do.
But to hold it together when everyone else
would understand if you fell apart,
that's true strength.
-unknown

2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration. What you need to remember is how far you have come and how strong you are. You are amazing and it shows. And when all else fails, remember I am a phone call and box of cookies away! xo

    ReplyDelete