Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Embracing change.. or trying to at least


As I touched on the previous post a little, we have had a huge amount of change in our lives. Owen has been doing amazing with them, it almost seems like it is not even affecting him in his day to day life - me...not so much.

I like to be the parent that has everything figured out, was dealt a different kind of life than usual, taking it and using it to its fullest potential, battling the never ending war against Autism, raising 3 children under 4, being a workin' momma and trying to be a healthy and active wife - all with a big fat friggin smile on my face.

But sometimes.. even some supermommas have to hang their capes up on the back of the bathroom door, smash the mirror in front of them, puke in the toilet, and have the longest bath of life - this is where I am currently. I have always preached on here that I am someone who is real, what you see is what you get from me, my fake niceness has disintegrated, when I am happy I am happy.. and when I am anything else - you will know it.

I am not sure why everything crappy happens at once, maybe thats how it always is, "when it rains it pours", but I think that this too shall pass - its just a rough spot. Now you are all probably thinking, what could be so bad that it has put this chick in a rut? I will list some out - so its limited too and not including some:

-issues with parents, does it ever end?
-I worry about Ben, constantly.. like how is it possible he is 24 months a week today, and doesn't crawl? he moves... but like doesn't crawl?!..little concerned.
-I go back to work, in a month - I work with clients who are all Autistic... I think this could strike a cord.
-We have a new roommate - my 19 yr old brother, who lives in Owens room....


That is some of it... and believe me, if I could publicly write everything effecting me right now, I would - but one shouldn't air ALL their dirty laundry should they ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment