Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Your f'n right I'm going to brag - Number 43.



I woke up yesterday morning with a big smile on my face - I was going to be telling Owens therapist at BBB that he is now toilet trained :). As I suspected, they were just as excited as I was. Like I have said before, they know some children with ASD that never get trained or they are super late.

The usual potty training time is around the age of 3 for boys, and some say that is even late.. honestly, try adding a disability to it, its hard... its f'ing hard and people just don't understand that sometimes.

So, today as I got our of bed.. I could still feel that same smile - because I get to brag again to his preschool teacher and resource teacher, that he is potty trained :)
There faces made it worth it, they were surprised and amazed - especially when I said this was all accomplished in 5 days...then they wanted to know how. I advised them about the program we followed, and they would like a copy of it for other parents who are struggling.. and of course I am all on board with that.. if it wasn't for another mom seeing me in distress, Owen would still not be trained.

I also was curious today, after doing MUCH reading like I always do on the IBI subject in Niagara, I wanted to know where Owen is on the waitlist. #1 - is the best, that means he is next... #100 - not so good, as a while to wait. Lucky for Owen, he is - #43.. not too bad. We are a little ways off, but it is quickly approaching, and I can not wait to not have that stress financially after our funds from his Fundraiser is done this September :)

So everyone, enjoy your day! There is so much to be thankful for.

oxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment