Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Monday, January 24, 2011

Gettin' fit and the little ham does it with me :)




I have taken a new turn in my adulthood.. I am a workout-aholic. I love it.. I love the rush, I love the feeling, I love the sweat - most of all.. I love the results. As I started last year, and now I am still continuing to do this for the rest of my life, I am working out daily..being a healthier mom so I can stick around for a while. I want to see my kids get graduate, get married, give me my grand babies...and kick ass in anything and everything they put their little hands on in life. I want to be the ultimate parent, the good role model, the fun hands on parent, but also the parent that sticks to their guns.

So, to continue my new found love for toning my body, I bought myself the, Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred :) I love and hate Jillian, and so does my body. I do one workout in the morning (if I have the time) and then one more before I go to sleep...I even do the Shred when I am on vacation! (this picture to the side is my friend Valerie and myself on our weekend getaway with our hubbies..after doing the shred!) My daughter thinks the whole thing is the funniest thing she has seen (poor girl) and will come into the living room or bedroom where I am sweating it out like 90, and she starts to do the workouts with me.. I love it!

Now, Mr. Owen on the other hand, he wasn't too sure about this whole thing. It was not something he was used to, as I was carting their butts to the gym everyday, they were being watched by a caregiver... and had NO CLUE as to what I was doing while I was gone for an hour. Now, I am using these big purple things in my hands that he NEEDS to play with, wearing shoes in the house, and jumping around like a crazy person. He was no impressed with the changes, and would often come to where I was working out, and would be a creeper and watch.. lol.

I am now on Day 17 of the shred, and I think he now is a custom to my working out.. so much, that he and his sister like to workout beside me...it is the cutest thing ever. They will do the jumping jacks, touch their toes, swing their arms.. my little athletes ;)

I guess I am well on my way to bringing one of my New Years Resolutions to life - be a healthy example for my children.. they too have jumped on the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred bandwagon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment