Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Where have I been?




Seriously.. it has been way too long since I have written...I guess thats what I get when I choose to have 3 children under 3 yrs of age.. haha. Things have been very busy since Maddies Bday, every weekend we have something.. get together's, family reunions, more birthdays - it never ends.

Owen has been changing... a change I am not used to even now. As he is growing, he is changing, his behaviours change like underwear, and he is talking so much now.. its scary to look back a year ago and he was non-verbal. Since Owen is maturing, he is also becoming a little more aggressive, and we do not tolerate that. We decided to use a new program at Brick By Brick, called the Home Intervention Program (HIP), and we had our fist meeting last week.

Collen from BBB, came to our home, we went over a bunch of questions, she observed Owen, and now working on developing a plan for us to follow when Owen is displaying behaviours. Its pretty sad that Ryan and I do this for a reason, and now we have to pay someone else to do it.. I totally know it is different when it is your own child, but I thought I could do it.

We have been so busy with Christmas get together, having Owen switching from afternoon-mornings-afternoons at preschool to see what suits him better... Owen going through different behaviours.. just so busy. We attended a welcome to the waitlist seminar for Owen as he awaits his funding for the next 2 years, and he gets to meet Santa tomorrow :)

Ben had his needles today, and I asked my Dr to check him developmentally.. I told him how I am worrying so much, and I should be enjoying this time with my son, and instead I am worrying like crazy. So, he checked him and was okay to tell me he thinks as of right now, that Ben is alright - so I guess for this month I am a bit relieved.

We will also be taking the children to a family reunion this weekend, and it will be interesting to see how Owen responds.. I am nervous to have him around certain situations and people still fully not understanding, but I guess events like this are going to arise - so we will see how he does.

oxoxoxo I am exhausted.. and heading to bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment