Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thank you for the early Christmas gifts



I remember sitting by myself last year, Ryan was gone to work, all the kids were fast asleep in bed... and I remember saying to myself, maybe I guess it was praying for all the things I wanted in my life.

I wanted Benjamin to be born with no complications, I wanted him strong, healthy, and I wanted him soon because my body was so tired from carrying that big boy! I wanted him to look like me, but was under the realization he would look just like his big brother, who in turn, would look like daddy :) .. and I was alright with being yet another incubator.

I wanted Maddie to start talking non-stop, I wanted her to show me she was alright, she was typical, she wasn't Autistic. I wanted her to shine, to show me that everything is okay.. that my worrying could stop for her.. for now.

Finally, I just wanted Owen to speak, to say ma ma, I wanted my fears realized, I wanted his diagnosis so we could start getting help..

I am lucky enough to say, I got what I wished for.. my beautiful chunk Ben is happy, healthy, and amazing. My wonderful daughter Maddie, talks up a storm, and is more social than her father, my worries of Autism are gone for her.. and my son, my Owen,
its been a rough road from last December, we have been through so much together - but my love, you speak, you say "mama"... you have amazed me in one years time, I can only imagine what next year is to bring.

Thank you to whoever is listening to my thoughts, hopes, and dreams for this family.
oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment