Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Monday, December 13, 2010

Owen enjoys my old rocking chair


I have had this old rocking chair for years, well since I was a baby. This chair has gone through everything with me, tons of moving when I was a child, moving while I have been an adult, been through relationships and marriages, through thick and thin.. and now I am able to give this chair to my children.

I have kept it in our room, away for our kids, in fear they would FOR SURE break it, by either jumping on it.. flipping it over... not that I am a mind reader or anything,.. but they did just that when they brought it out a couple of week ago. I thought maybe that would like to try and actually use it for its purpose, and how cute would that look? lol

So, Owen brought it out.. looked at it for a bit - then he sat. He sat.. then he rocked.. and it was the cutest thing in the world.. he reminded me of an elderly man, just so content without saying a word, and just rocking watching tv.. I loved it. I think even in the video I say, "this would be good for him to self stim with this", and its true - it might cut his other self stim behaviours in half.

So now, the rocking chair that has gone through the past 26 years and thick and thin with me, I am able to give to my children, and what better gift, a positive self stimulatory resource for my son :)

oxoxox





2 comments:

  1. A rocking chair would be a great addition to a family with stimmers. Do you think it's too late for me to put an order to Santa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I think Santa is TOTALLY listening!!! never too late! and he is so clam in it - I love it!!! ps- LOVE reading your blogs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete