Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Brock University ASD Sibling Research Results



Last week, we had Brock University here to conduct an observation for Benjamin to see if he is showing signs of Autism.

I heard about this research study a month ago from Brick By Brick, which came at perfect timing as this has been driving me insane for a while. I am not sure if this is because I see things that concern me, or if I think I see things. So, I emailed the researchers, and we set up an appointment for them to come and observe Ben.

They came in the afternoon last week, and played with Ben for an hour and a half. They monitored how he reacted to different noises, people, his momma, and different toys. Ben was making great eye contact, was responsive to everything - he was doing very well.

After all the questions and all the tests, they informed me that Ben was not needed in the research study as they do not feel Ben is showing signs of Autism. I was so conflicted with this result, a part of me is feeling on cloud 9 - Ben is doing so well!! but also, I am worried because Owen had great eye contact and responded to his name..I wish they could just always be in my back pocket watching and making me feel better.

oxox

2 comments:

  1. Momma knows best: if you still have doubts, continue investigating.
    (I agree that this sounds like good news, though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so hoping it is good news.. but I am still going to keep my eye on him!!! I think a lot of it is being paranoid, but like I said to my husband, even if its true, at least we would know a little sooner! Trying to stay positive!

    ReplyDelete