Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Monday, November 22, 2010

Potty Training - not fun.




I have heard so many times, that potty children who suffer from ASD is a death sentence - I have to agree. I started introducing it to Owen a while ago, and he has no problem sitting on the toilet, and of course being naked - other than that, game over.

So, I thought yesterday, I would start Maddie off first. She just had her second birthday this past Friday, and she has been showing so many signs that she is ready to start. I started this with her yesterday, and as soon as she sat on the potty, Owen stripped and plopped his ass on the potty as well. I think for him, he just likes a comfy seat and being naked - like his father.

I have no pushed Owen further than that, to keep it all positive for him, so right now, I am focusing on training my daughter, on the hopes she will learn quickly, be an example for Owen, and then I can start training him.

Our home as never been so full of urine on the floor, ca-ca on the potty phrase all day, and naked children..lol. Please wish us the best as we embark on this experience, so far - not so good...but I follow through.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment