Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My beautiful daughter turns 2 :)







One of the happiest days of my life was finding out I was having a daughter, a beautiful little girl to be the little sister to my beautiful son, Owen. She is the little love of my life, and we just celebrated her 2nd birthday.

I remember when I went into labour with Maddie, it was 2 yrs ago, November 19th, the first snow storm of the year. I was shopping with Owen all day, and then we went to my nanas for dinner. We had amazing pasta, and then it hit me - cramps. They weren't painful cramps.. they were more uncomfortable...and scary. I called up the hubby at work, and because when I was pregnant with Owen and went to the hospital over every little thing, he advise that I go and if it was anything to be worries about, that he would be there.

Nana and Jim dropped off Owen at my mothers, and the 3 of us headed out from Niagara Falls to Welland to the hospital. It took us forever to get there with all the snow, but we made it - I was checked out by the nurses, and apparently, I was 3 cm dilated and contractions 3 min apart - had no idea!!! Nana called Ryan, and thank God we had the SUV with 4x4, he left work right away, and was on his way!

As I was preparing for surgery, getting my spinal block, Ryan was no where to be found, and they had to get Maddie out asap viz c-section! So, they dressed my nana in surgical gear, just in case Ryan did not make it. As she was walking down the hall to see her great grand daughter be born, down the hall flies Ryan with 3 minutes to spare!

He runs into the room all in his surgical outfit, and the Doctors began to make fun of him, saying he stopped off for Burger King.. :)
Then, at 9:34pm, my beautiful Madelynn was born, and has made our lives more enriched, and blessed.

Maddie is a wonderful, compassionate, and loving child to all around her, and like I have said before, she is her big brothers #1 fan...she is me..but 2 yrs old.

Maddie for you, Happy 2nd Birthday, I love you so much, words can truly not express how much you have filled our hearts.

oxoxox Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment