Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

HIP - Our hopeful next part of our Journey


At home, Owen is going through phases. He will have one really great week, communication is amazing, he goes with his routine with no issue, and he is generally a happy, loving, child. Then, he can have different kind of days, "off days" as we call them..where his domineer is strange, he is so frustrated, he doesn't want to use his words - he is just not himself.

As I have written before, we had a meeting with Owens therapy team at Brick By Brick, and discussed a new plan of action for Owen on his journey through his battle with Autism. We decided to be one of the first families at BBB to enter their, "HIP Program".. (Home Intervention Program). Basically, this reminds me of my job at Bethesda. We will have a couple people come in, evaluate Owen, how we deal with Owen during certain situations, what issues Owen is having not only at home, in the community as well.. a lot to take in. We are hoping that they will be able to come up with a program that we will be able to continue at home - bingo.. my job at Bethesda. :)

It is still hard for me to open the mail from our work, and not knowing if it is something for me personally from our job, or about our son.. an awkward feeling I hope I learn to deal with soon.

I guess this is just going through the motions.

No comments:

Post a Comment