Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

In Victoria's Words - Im slacking - she is sooo right.




August 6th! Seriously? that was the last time! 2 weeks ago! I have to admit, we have been super busy, and there is so much to update you all on in the past 2 weeks.

I guess we can start with how amazing people can be, and again, why certain people are introduced to you for a reason. After Joel Smith took those amazing pictures of the kids, he also offered to donate an amazing portrait package to the Fundraiser, print out wallet sized photos of Owen for the favours we are giving out, and to also give everyone in attendance gift cards to use for photos by Joel, and a percentage of the proceeds would go to Owen!! Amazing!!! I do not want to give too much away as far as prizes go, but we have tickets to many events, hotels, restaurants, salons!! Owen is blessed.

We also had another meeting with Bethesda, giving us information on what is available to us for the next 2 years while we are on the wait list for funding, unfortunately, it is not too much. We also had to update them where Owen is right now, that he rarely lines things up and he doesn't chew everything anymore, but he has begun to get frustrated often, scream all the time, BUT his vocabulary has increased so much! He is doing wonderful!

Owen also got to have his first playdate with a wonderful little man names Ryan, who also suffers from Autism. His mom Kelli is just wonderful, and Ryan reminded me so much of Owen, it was unbelievable. The way they scream when they are happy, their smiles, they are just beautiful boys - and I loved having that for Owen.

Lastly, we are planning Owen's Birthday Party!! YAY! I can not believe this little miracle is going to be 3 years old, it honestly seems like yesterday that I was holding this little 7lb 14 oz little guy, and just thought to myself, "this is love." We are having a fun, child filled birthday party for him at Cheeky Monkeys, and then a family party in the evening as well.

As far as Ryan and I lately, we are both new people. We are in shape, both down almost 40 lbs since Ben was born, and feeling great! We both have a new outlook on our lives, and not that getting in shape is the only contributor for our life change, but it is a big factor. I also believe that our children, especially our little man Owen, is bringing us together, it takes a lot to parent a child, let alone a child with a special need, but it so rewarding!!

We have so much fun stuff and great prizes for this Fundraiser, and the spoiler in me wants to tell everything - but I can't!! I guess you will all just have to be there!!! :)

oxoxox me

No comments:

Post a Comment