Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Friday, August 6, 2010

I think people enter your life for a reason - thank you Joel Smith,





It all happened by chance. I was creeping around facebook, and stumbled upon a photographer by the name of Joel Smith, who was offerring free photoshoots for children. I thought, "hey - I love pictures lets go for it! ". I sent him 3 pictures of the kids, and heard back! Last night we arrived at Joels home, and from the moment I met him, I knew I had just made a friend for life.

I warned him in our emails that I have a son who suffers from Autism, so he wasn't freaked out when he saw some "odd" things that Owen does. When we got there, he embraced all of us. He then proceeded to tell me that he has a nephew who also suffers from Autism, and as soon as those words came from his mouth - I was instantly calm.

Joel was amazing with Owen, and of course Maddie and Ben. He has a daughter 2 months older than Maddie, and they share a name - this meeting was meant to be. He got the kids out of their bad moods, and they completely warmed up to the photoshoot. I can not thank Joel enough for being so kind and so understanding with us, which again, put me in such a better place.

Joels work is beautiful, he captures people in moments that not everyone can see - he showed my children in a light that sometimes only I get to see - like the picture of Owen, his eyes just tell such a story and so deep and meaningful - I cried when I first saw it. Thank you Joel for everything, and just being you.



www.joelsmithphotography.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment