Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Friday, July 23, 2010

Never knew how much I loved Cupcakes..


till yesterday. I wrote about Sweet Art By Elizabeth a couple weeks ago, as she was making cupcakes to sell in honour of Owen, and 75% of the proceeds would go to his therapy. Well, she sold them for 2 weeks, people I knew, thought I knew, wish I knew bought them, all to help my son - what a feeling!

Yesterday, Owen and I went to Elizabeth's home, and were presented with the donation. Owen of course wanted no part of his picture being taken, he was so over-whelmed with being in a new place, with cakes, and an umbrella with pictures on it. He was so cute, being so curious - I love that kid.

We have been so blessed, I never knew we had so many caring people who wanted to support our son, I think his personality just tugs at your heart strings. This donation from the cupcakes is such a huge help, and now has turned my focus on everything Fundraiser.

The fundraiser is in full swing, prizes are coming in, and we have gotten such a positive response from the community. It again, makes you appreciate life and all it has to offer. I have to sometimes pinch myself, to remember where emotionally I was back at the beginning of this journey - I feel like I have grown. Grown as a person, a mother, and of course, Owen's advocate.

It can be hard for me being his mom sometimes, as I love Owen the way he is, I wouldn't change him for the world, but I see how different he can be among other children. I just want to push him in a crowd of kids and say, GO PLAY!!.. they will understand you and love you for who you are - and this could be wrong. I am so protective of him, and I fear the day I have to let go, and let Owen make his own choices, and experience everything to do with life - the good and the bad.

If only he could see the good in our lives right now, the faith people have for him, the hope, support, and continued love..there is a life lesson you can take to the bank.

oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment