Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Need a pick me up..


"There comes a time in life when you walk away from all the pointless drama and
people who create it, and surround yourself with people who make
you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus on the good. Life is
too short to be anything but happy.. "

I needed to read this today, as of late, I have been feeling a little down, and I can tell it has been taking a toll on our family. There has been so much happening in our lives as of late, and you would have to be stone-cold not to be affected by it.

As my last post stated, Ryan's side of the family has been experiencing a horrible tragedy, and my heart breaks for them, especially his cousin. Being a very emotional person and a fixer, I want to help so bad, yet I know there is nothing I can do. I wish I could take their pain away, but pain is a part of life.. a horrible, unfair, devastating part. I just keep them in my thoughts daily, and I hope they can start the healing process.. which is so much easier said than done.

In our lives, I can tell I am not the same person right now, and I think the kids can feel it as well. Unfortunately, I let stupid things get to me, and I am trying really hard to just move on and give up, which is never an easy thing to accomplish. How much longer can a person feel down in the dumps and stay in that mentality and put up with it? Not long.. and I am getting there. I have always worn my heart on my sleeve, which makes it an easy target, which is something I am trying to change, with a lot of support.

Owen is doing wonderful, but I still worry about him. Yes, being Autistic he is going to develop new behaviours in place of old ones, but it is hard for me to witness it. The newest one is nothing really to worry about I think, but its jumping up and down in the same place while he is super excited! This started about a week ago, and it is so loud...so I worry.

Right now for me, it has just been a mentally-emotional draining week, and I think I have self-pitied and stressed enough, and I can't stay in this rut anymore - time to move on!

Thank you for reading my vent - and I will leave with this, keeping supportive, loving, and understanding people in your life generally makes you a better person, and I need to be this person to continue with Owen and my 2 other beauties on this journey..priorities have changed.

oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment