Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Thursday, June 10, 2010

So this is what that feels like..

Who honestly knew that at the age of 26, I would have the life I have today. Not me. Back track to 10 years ago, I was 16. I was attending Thorold Secondary School, not having a care in the world, but my current fling at the time and my job as Night Manager at Mrs. Vanellis. For me.. this was it. To me, this was life.. nothing could be better. I had my group of friends, I was involved very much in extra crap, and drank my face off on the weekends. I remember my mother and my nana telling me, "high school is not your whole life, there is more to come"....yea.. okay.

Fast track to dropping out of college, working at different jobs, going back to college.. getting married too young, too fat, and too miserable. 3 months after, left the jerk met the love of my life ( I don't care if that is, "gay" Ryan) and fast track again to December 06 - I am prego with Owen.

I now realize at this point, as I am looking down at my ever growing belly, this is life. All that crap in high school and younger years does not even fit in this categorie, this child is everything to me. Then on August 29, at 8:59am I get to hold him. He is so amazing, and looks so much like his father - I would do anything for this child. Nothing could ever compare to the feeling of holding your newborn child, that you grew for 9 months, and now he/she is here.. I had this overwhelming feeling with all 3, but Owen was my first..it's different.

Having Owen do so many things lately, and say so much in such a short amount of time, it brings me back to this feeling. He makes me want to be a better person.. he makes me want to be the best mom I can possibly be. He inspires me... when he learns his new words, for example like this week, "up and milk".. he makes me want to shout it to anyone that will listen, that my boy who 3 months ago had 5 words, is talking! My son is even putting words together, tonight was signing, "more" and said Milk!!

This is what it feels like to be complete.. and Owen, Maddie and Ben remind of this everyday. If I was stranded on an island, and only allowed 3 things to survive, the only survival tools I would need would be my 3 children, they keep me going and inspire me to be the best I can be. Thank you my beautiful children.

You mom,

oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment