Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Friday, June 25, 2010

And another one bites the dust..





Ben is baptized...he is now one step closer to being just like Owen and Maddie.. haha.. is that a good thing or not? :) I am joking.. they are great. The service was just perfect, Fr. Kevin let the little ones run around, get into everything they possibly could, and did not do communion either, which saved the children sometime as well. Ben looked so funny.. we could not find Owen's outfit, so he sported Maddies, and I tried to man it up a little.. so I pinned it. He looked uber cute, and was so well behaved. Owen loved every minute of it, he was able to explore a new area with no one yelling at him or telling him no.

We then thanked Fr. Kevin, gave a nice donation to the church, and we were off to do pictures, and then go home and host a party. Everything went super smoothly, everyone got along, pictures were great, and I got a good number of compliments on my weight loss :)

When we got home, we had a nice spread of goodies and a cake that Nicole and Josh made, with coffee, tea, and soft drinks. All the kids played outside, and we got to have a nice visit with everyone. Owen was at his most comfortable.. he knew everyone there, and he was being such a good boy.. Cheryl brought some Fundraising donation forms for people to take.. it was just a great day.

Seeing another one of my children go through the process of reaching certain milestones, overcoming hurdles, and reaching for the stars truly makes me sit back and just be thankful for all that is around me. I took a moment yesterday, as our home was full of our loved ones, and I truly thanked God for giving me all of what we have. A home to live in, food to eat, family to love, my wonderful hard-working husband, and of course my beautiful children. Thank you for making them all amazing, all unique, and giving me the strength to everyday go forward.

oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment