Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Owen and Ben's Journey Through Autism

Friday, May 21, 2010

People still are very understanding in a world where they don't have to be..

I always stress out about big life events regarding our attendence to them with Owen.. I worry about large crowds, noises, other people's reactions that just don't understand nor some of them don't seem to even care.. I worry about everything. I do know that some people just don't understand the concept of Autism, and I do understand that.. especially in the older generation.

I am Anglican.. born and raised.. and Ryan just goes along with my plans. When we lived in Welland, we had Owen and our daughter Maddie baptized there, with a Minister I have known for most of my life. Now that we have moved to the Falls this past November, we had to find a new local Anglican church.. which I never knew. I wrote to my Minister from Welland, and he informed me I need to find a local church to do the baptism, so to the computer I went... I looked up the Anglican churches in Niagara Falls, and found 3. I wrote to all of them, explaining our situation, and if there was anyway possible that they could preform the Baptism on a weekday evening, and explained about Owen, and we of course want him to be there.

After returning from IBI this morning, I had a response. Fr. Kevin from Christ's Church..and it just reminded me again, that there are certain people introduced in our lives for a reason. He was totally understanding and would not mind doing that at all, and to top it off, he used to minister at Bethesda years ago! We work there! Such a small world.

So, I guess I have to finish this blog off with this little ditty that got to me today..

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these. ~George Washington Carver

No comments:

Post a Comment